A fun little easter egg my friend Lucas named after me.
Asset Organization - cataloging and organizing original Bioshock assets.
Modelling and Texturing - worked directly with Level Architects to produce new model assets. Worked on most levels, primarily Atlantic Express Depot, Ryan Amusements, Siren Alley, Dionysus Park, and Eden.
FX Support - Produced visual FX like ice and molotov fire. Setup and supported utility spaces for other teams such as space for audio team to test weapon's fire.
Primary responsibilities began with cataloging and organizing assets from the original Bioshock for easy use. They grew to encompass a part environment generalist and part tech role, working on a variety of levels and specialized effects. In addition to normal level work, the team was broken into strike teams with particular game wide responsibilities, mine being Eleanor’s childhood and the Cult of Lamb decoration. I was responsible for full implementation of models from design to their placement in level.
Bioshock 2 is a first person shooter video game developed by 2K Marin for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. The sequel to the 2007 game Bioshock, it was released worldwide in February 2010.
- Model and texturing of cloth, candle and graffiti decals
-Setup of archetype scenes for easy level implementation. Some level decoration, such as “End is Near” space.
- modeled and textured all cloth assets for the level.
- modeled and textured specific decoration such as the indoctrination monitors, fireplaces, etc.
-modeled and textured kelp and brain coral.
-Vertex paint and shader setup for underwater movement across all assets.
- Modeling and texturing work on a variety of cult related objects, such as the show picture frame and candelabra.
- Texture application and aging of concept paintings.
-modeled, rigged and textured “Ryan” and “Eden” doors.
-Technical setup of other doors for visual quality and proper triggering of streaming portals.
- Machine gun and Speargun model and textures with respective 3 type variants.
- Optimization of various Bioshock 1 models, such as Eve Hypo and Money clip.
- Generic Loot Dropbox (dropped by dead enemies after body disappearance)
- Ice cube models and textures (for upgraded Winterblast), ice overlay textures and shaders.
- Dirt wipe effect (meeting Grace) and flowing water in pipes (Inner Persephone, leading to finale).
- Live butterfly decoration.
- Support for specialized hitspang (fire, water and steam FX created by original Bioshock artists).
-Modeled and textured both "Eve Dispenser" and "Tool Dispenser" variants.
-Worked with designers for proper dispensing of Eve Hypos and Hacking Darts.
-Modeling and texturing of butterfly assets.
-Worked with our FX artist to make assets destructible.